For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Saturday 20 November 2010

Interrupted Sleep

I had just got of to sleep (as mentioned in the previous post) when the phone rang.

I was a bit groggy when I answered it and the conversation went something like this:

Male Maori Caller (MMC) Hello TSB, I thought you'd be at the interview.

Me: What?

MMC: I thought you'd be at the interview.

Me (Realising that this weird person (not recognised yet) is referring to the DP interviews being held in Nuova Lazio High today)  (I am not on the interview list, but applied for the job)  (I am, as you would guess, a tad miffed about not getting on the bloody short list) What do you want?

MMC (Gave name which I couldn't make out) I'm stuck

Me: What?

MMC:  I'm stuck, I can't delete I mean put a line through a word

Me:  What?

MMC:  I can't put a line through it.

Me:  (Light slowly dawns as to identitiy of caller, an ICT-challenged collaegue at Nuova Lazio High) Are you talking about using strikeouts?

MMC:  Yes  (pause) I think so.  It'as where you can remove a word but leave it there.

Me:  Delete or strike through?

MMC:  What?

Me: Do you want to draw a line through some words on your page?

MMC:  Yeah, that's what I've been saying (in a slightly huffy tonme)

Me:  What program are you using?

MMC:  What?

Me:  Are you using Microsft Word?

MMC:  Yes ("of course" muttered under his breath)

Me:  Highlight the text, select the Format menu .

MMC:  What?

Me:  Highlight the text, select the Format menu  form the top of the screen.

MMC:  Oh I see it now.

Me:  Now select the Font option, and you'll see some checkboxes in the dialogue box that opens up.  Select the strikeout option.

MMC:  (Long Pause) What?

Me:  Now select the Font option, and you'll see some checkboxes in the dialogue box that opens up.

Choose the strikeout type that suits you.

MMC:  Oh, I've got it now.

Me:  OK, see you.

MMC: Yeah, thanks.  (Hangs up)

I look at the clock.  It's 7:50 am.

I know I'm regarded as the go-to guy for computing, but this is ridiculous.  30 seconds search on the net, or on MS Word help would have solved the problem.

I'm aware of an icy draft chilling my shoulder.  I look to my left and meet my beloved's glare. 
Oh Fuck. 
The phone call's woken her up.
She finally got to sleep around 4 am.  She's had about 3 hours sleep.  She looks really pissed.  It's obviously my fault.

Pissed Off Wife (I wish)


This is going to be an incredibly long day.

I'm going to have my revenge on MMC.

Maybe castrationn to start.  Then I'll get inventive.  And nasty.

Maybe give him 3 spells of dancing and drama.  Each day.  With a year 9 class
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.  (cough)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you waste saturday sleeping. Don't you have trademe purchases to pick up or gib to install?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter