For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Saturday 18 December 2010

The First Weekend of Freedom


And I'm still bored.

I managed to fix that technical problem at school, and I stayed around doing some little jobs. Back home, looking forward to a day of....nothing.

Maybe some vacuuming and wrapping presents. It's wet outside, so that's a big no to gardening.
I've got one unread book left, so I'll have to ration it carefully.
Unlike The Curmudgeon, my beloved is here all day, so no fry-ups, no hitting the vino, and probably no use of "That Satan-spawned electronic mistress", my poor inoffensive computer. (Shhh my darling, she doesn't really mean it. Don't worry, I'll give your fans a good clean later)

I could sit down with some pen and paper and write out all the evidence for the existence of God, but that would only take about 5 seconds.
Then I could write a list of things which tend to show that God does probably not exist; but then I'd be writing for the rest of the day.

I could write a list of all the things I like about my life here in not-so-sunny Aoteroa, and compare it with the my previous existence in Grim (and currently deep-frozen) Caledonia.

I could browse the web(before my beloved wakes up) and find a funny video to share with my friends. Yes I'll do that. Don't worry TC et al, no guns or boobs this time.

9 comments:

  1. Why not get a double bass and do some practice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea Richard [of RBB], but no.

    Don't tell anyone, but I used to play the bassoon in my school orchestra, but as I never could understand what all these dots, lines and funny squiggles meant on the scores , I wan never really successful. It did have one advantage however. It was a school instrument, and was given to me in a very old leather bag, which quite frankly gave of a smell which reminded one of death, crypts and embalming.
    When I opened the bag on the bus, assembled the bassoon and started to practice, I could always ensure I had the seat to myself. Quite often I had the whole bus to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your wife should take away your computer privileges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why?
    Just because I used to play the bassoon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I could sit down with some pen and paper and write out all the evidence for the existence of God, but that would only take about 5 seconds"

    The Holy Spirit would make you see your error and you would rush of to be baptised?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps Sue says the video is rude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The Holy Spirit would make you see your error and you would rush of to be baptised?"

    Nope, 'cause according to most of your lot, all the evidence you need is in the Bible. Complete bollocks of course, but it only takes me 5 seconds to write "The Bible"



    "ps Sue says the video is rude"

    Yes, isn't it.

    Funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ach TSB, look on the bright side, for soon you'll be wingeing about the end of the holidays and going back to school.

    If it's early why not pinch the wife's car and sneak off to a quiet road and burn some rubber.

    or

    write 100 lines.
    'I must not be bored on holiday'

    or

    Look on the internet for some cheap books.

    or

    Find us another few video's........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your ideas Alistair, but:
    my beloved would remove what testicles I have left with a blunt knife, so NO.

    I wrote the lines in MS Word using a macro

    Done it, bought the, but ti takes at least a week to get the books way down here in NZ

    The videos will be forthcoming. Beware.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter