For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Thursday 23 June 2011

Which way do I run?

Oops, didn't make it in time.  Sorry.

Oh dear, I've got a bug. I don't mean a failure in a computing program, I refer to an infection of my poor abused ( and ageing) body. (I used to work in a hospital laboratory, and we referred to all bacteria and viruses as "bugs")



I haven't had any food for 2 days now, because *pauses to give delicate grimace* it either goes straight through, or it goes straight back out.

My beloved has had the same for the last week, and I must admit that I was initially unimpressed with her moans and rapid shuffling runs to the toilet. I do now sympathise.


I felt so ill yesterday that I actually took a day of work, and had to abandon my pupils to the not-so-tender mercies of a reliever, but as I was the guy who has to set the bloody relief and because I always take all the relief information home (so I can start arranging the reliever details in the evening) I had to go into school to finish off the timetables for the relievers.

As soon as I could I went home and spent the next 8 hours sound asleep, (with a large bucket beside me) with occasional interruptions for a rapid shuffling run to the toilet.  One of the nastiest effects of this bug is that it produces a large amount of gas.  Which gets trapped. Which tries to get out.  It also makes all the "solid wastes" not so solid.  Remember Samo and the tale of the spray painted bus after the melon incident?  This is similar, but there is worse to come.


Sometimes the gas and waste are produced together (spray painting) sometimes separately, but I don't know which is going to occur before it occurs.

The uncertainty is driving me to drink (but I cannot at the moment stand the taste or smell of whisky *sob*) and to the replacement of many pairs of nether garments.

I'm starting to feel a bit better, and I've got to get into school today as I have to print off the Junior Reports,but I don't think I'll be staying very late tonight. 

Must run, something's happening... *disappears at a rapid shuffling run*

5 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon TSB. Doesn't sound like fun at all.

    Ah well - like you - must scoot!


    {Aye sorry about that}

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I've got to get into school today"

    wearing a hazard suit no doubt and carrying some of Sister Joachim's flowers to ward off the smell (unless you are in the presence of God of course).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's insensitive Curmudgeon. Poor TSB, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alistair: Thanks, I'm already back at work and feeling about 96.45%. Scoot off :=)

    TC: I do not know of this Sister Joachim of whom you speak, but at that time the smell of flowers made me ill.

    Second Fiddle: Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister Joachim was an educator like yourself that taught Richard how to play music.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter