For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Eggs


My son dragged me out of bed this morning at 5:40.



I'm tired and I want to go back to bed, but if I do I know I'll wake up my Beloved, who finds it hard to get to sleep at the best of times.

So I made breakfast for myself.

Readers of a sensitive disposition (and digestion) may not wish to read further, as the result of my culinary achievement was delicious, but just a tad rich.

I fancied some eggs, but my Beloved hates the smell of frying in the morning, so that was omelets, French toast and plain fried eggs unavailable.

Oops


I've never really taken to poached eggs, not unless they're served on crispy but butter-soaked crumpets and smothered in a cheesy sauce, and I couldn't be bothered to make the sauce. 



The Beloved factor also had to be taken into consideration.  This was the absolute essential area of deniability and obfuscation.  Anything produced had at least to LOOK simple and healthy, otherwise I would get the 1½ hour lecture on cholesterol levels, hypertension, diabetes and weight gain, followed by a demand to go swimming at least 3 times a week to get some exercise.  The lecture also had the chance to segue into the areas of sex and frequency, and I definitely didn't want to go there.  Again.

However, I decided to go for boiled eggs and toast.  Sounds simple (and deniable) doesn't it?

Boil 3 free range eggs for 6 minutes
Open eggs and scoop contents into a bowl.
Add ½ small finely chopped onion
Add a large knob of butter (as large as you think you can get away with not being noticed off the pack at the back of the fridge that she's keeping for making shortbread next week)
Add a splash of Lee & Perrins' Worcester Sauce
Add a level teaspoon of Aoli
Salt and Pepper to taste.


Mix the contents thoroughly, until all the butter has melted and the yolk has spread a golden goodness throughout the mixture.

Spread on hot buttered toast and eat with a nice cup of tea.

Savour the rich goodness and enjoy.

For at least half an hour.

Then the indigestion kicks in.


I feel a bit sick.



Talking of eggs, saw this on You Tube

9 comments:

  1. I saw the video as a metephor for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eggs? I'm still chewin' the carrot on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Spurt: *sigh* Somehow that does not surprise me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunny: *sigh* what a surprising yet meaningless comment. Have you ever thought about writing a book? What about 101 ways of catching Myxomatosis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yer bum's oot the windae. Gen up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Richard [of RBB]: what? Bunny & Spurt are such obvious loons that I don't want to waste time on them. Split personalities or what?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great!

    The video seems to be missing on this at this end. Maybe I'll drop back later to see if it reloads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twisted, I was just practising my Scottish.

    "Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alistair: If it still doesn't work, try this link.

    http://youtu.be/ZG4coPHkTmQ

    Richard[of RBB]: "Yer bum's oot the windae"; yes
    Gen up; no. Never . Not even over my ain deed corpse.
    "
    "Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye!"
    Sorry, I don't speak Aberdonian.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter