For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Monday 7 June 2010

Holidays are great

Since so many people seem to think that I'm just a winging whiney Pom (even though of the Scottish variety), I thought that I'd just like to say that I'm feeling much better.
A combination of using the emergency whisky reserve (just a blend, but in reasonable amounts),
a really long lie-in until 12:00 (O the delights of being encapsulated in a gloriously warm duvet)
Extra paracetamol
Booking a holiday with the light of my life to Cairns and Alice Springs in July
Additional emergency whisky and the addition of Stones ginger wine (makes a gloriously warming combination.)
Extra bottle of a reasonable Hawke's Bay Shiraz
I'm now feeling absolutely no pain.
Not really looking forward to going back to Nuova Lazio, but what the hell.

Enjoy.

Sorry if I seemed a miserable git before.
Sorry for any insulting/cynical comments on others Blogs
Shorrry for drnkking toooo muchhh.

3 comments:

  1. I like the concept of an emergency whisky reserve. It conjures up an image of an upended bottle on a bowser ensconced in a cabinet behind glass on the bathroom wall. Does your GP give you a prescription for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, the emergency reserve is much more mundane. It's just hidden from sight, behind a set of canvas covers for a dinghy, on top of a set of cupboards, in the darkest area of the garage.
    My GP would rather I didn't drink at all, or smoke or fornicate. So, no prescription.
    Mind you we used to get prescriptions for bottles of stout on the health service during recuperation form various ailments (this was in the 1960's) and they say we are progressing?
    Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sorry if I seemed a miserable git before.
    Sorry for any insulting/cynical comments on others Blogs
    Shorrry for drnkking toooo muchhh."
    This could equally have been written by Comeinyourpants or The Wine Guy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter