For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Friday 29 October 2010

A Fair Division of Labour


I recently commented that my beloved objected to my using the Devil's Computer during what little spare time I have.  I just thought I'd share with you all the very equitable division of labour in our household and comment on how it is with your own domestic arrangements.



My Beloved’s Duties


My Duties

Plan Meals

Put groceries in correct place

Buy Groceries

Wash pots and pans

Cook Meals

Load Dishwasher

Dust (once a month)

Empty Dishwasher

Occasional Gardening

Load Washing Machine

Hang up and fold washing

Vacuuming (weekly)

Attend Tai Chi classes

Wash Bathrooms and Toilets (weekly)

Attend flower arranging club

Walk dog

Read books

Bath dog

Watch TV

Car servicing and WOF


Check ALL cars tyre pressures


Check ALL cars oil and water levels


Painting


Decorating


Electrical Maintenance and Repair


Plumbing Maintenance and Repair


Window Washing


All Heavy lifting


All Heavy gardening


Mowing


Weed Spraying


ALL Computer problems


Explaining how the computer works, re-explaining how to
send an email, re-explaining how to download photos from our camera


Polishing shoes


Putting clean clothes in drawers and cupboards


Ironing


Barbequing


Mice catching


Gutter cleaning


Paying Bills


Balancing Bank Accounts


Booking holidays


Working as a full time teacher from 7:00 until 18:00 5 days a week





4 comments:

  1. We have a similar division of labour up here but in my case my duties are similar to your beloved's (minus flower arranging, Tai Chi, clothes folding and dusting) and the Old Girl's are similar to yours (minus checking tyre pressures).

    ReplyDelete
  2. TSB (not the arena, the Scotsman), obviously your wife doesn't read your blog. I'd keep that computer at home turned off, if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much TC. That makes me feel so much better.

    Richard[of RBB]thanks for the advice, but my wife doesn't really know how to use this "device of the devil". Just email and MS Word. Just to be safe, I've buried the link to the blogs in a hidden folder. Maybe I should change my name to CunningScottishBastard, or CunningTwistedScottishBastard or even as a last resort, CunningUnmentionableNewzealandTwisted?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Cunning Stunt Artist. It should go undetected (except for the dyslexics).

    I do like CunningUnmentionableNewzealandTwisted though. Good acronym potential.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter