For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Sunday 31 October 2010

Sunday, off to Paraparaumu

The House in Paraparaumu

My beloved wants to go and look at a house in Paraparam.  I smile, I'll drive, but I really don't want to go. I like our present house a lot.  It's quiet, comfortable and in good condition.  I've just re-painted the exterior, so it looks crisp and clean.
The house in Paraparam is by a small lake, and has a garden sloping down to the lakeside, with a small gazebo at the edge.  It looks nice, but it's just over the road from the airfield, so I don't know about the noise.
If you want to share in our exciting adventure, the link to the open 2 view site is here

Our local library re-opened yesterday, thank goodness.  I had reached the stage of re-reading some of my old favourites, but I was getting desperate for something new.  The new David Webber "Honor Harrington" is just in, and I've got it on reserve, and the library web site has just informed me that it's ready for collection.

Oh Happy Day.


It's a bit sad that the most exciting thing to happen to me this week is anticipating a new book to read.

Maybe I'm getting too old for too much excitement.

I'd take the little doggie for a walk, but I don't know if I can take much more stimulation.

7 comments:

  1. Why are all the lights on during the day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm talking about the house photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Massive house. My sister lives in Paraparaumu on a property that backs right onto the airfield. There is not much noise as there is bugger all air traffic and what there is is interesting. Great retirement area - Kapiti island, beach, access to Tararuas etc. but a hell of a commute when working elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "My beloved wants to go and look at a house in Paraparam"

    That's scary teritory. If she's looking it means you have no hope really. Next will come the real estate agents. You will try to be firm but they will win her over. Even when they present you with the final document to sign; sign or live life in misery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lights? guess it makes it look better in the gloaming.

    Thanks TC for the info. I really think it's too big, but my beloved liks the garden????????

    Seond. Hold me, I'm scared

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent a week at Paraparam in 1975, lovely area I thought, spent most of my time in NZ on the mainland, lived in Christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Holte,
    thanks for visiting.

    Nice to know that there are bloggers out there who have been to NZ (Kiwiland/Godzone) and actually know what we're all rambling on about.

    The Kapiti coast is nice, a bit warmer than the Wellington area, but Christchurch and especially Central Otago is beautiful. I heard that the temperature in Queenstown is 25 (C). Really looking forward to our summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter