For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Friday 1 October 2010

Rain Again

I suppose it serves me right.  I was boasting about the beautiful weather on Monday, and it's been pouring down ever since.

Where we live in Upper Hutt is quite hilly, and we've got a bloody big DOC controlled hill behind us.  There's no drainage on the hill at all, not until the water pouring down reaches us.  Our drains mostly cope, but I've had to install an emergency drain by boring a hole through the foundation wall and attaching a pipe.  After about three days of heavy rain, the water starts to come up in the foundations, and without the drain hole I bored, it starts coming into the garage and ground floor entrance hall.

The weather forecast is fair, so I'm looking forward to some improvement. 

We're going to a Jazz concert tonight at the Expressions.  It's the NZ Youth Jazz Orchestra.  I hope they're good, because I really don't like half-hearted attempts at artistic expression.

Some years ago I went with my beloved to an amateur production of Gilbert & Sullivan's "The Mikado".  It was awful.  We went because some of our daughter's friends were involved and it was really difficult to smile at them later and lie through my teeth as they asked if we had enjoyed it.
Oh yeah, I really enjoy listening to 2 hours of off-key singing with a tape recorded accompaniment and with half the "actors" fluffing their lines.

Back to NLH next week to start the preparation for the last term.  Doesn't the time fly when you're on holiday?
Second doesn't seem to like my funny pics.
So this one's just for him.

And these are for everyone else.
Second is Happy
Oh Dear.  I get the message.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that made us laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do u have a facebook / twitter fan page?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny: Not really. I don't use facebook, but I've got a twitter account. Why?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter