For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Monday 24 January 2011

Home

I'm back.
It is really so good to be back in godzone.
I don't care if it is raining.
I don't care if it's a bit on the cool side.
I'm home.
I'll try and catch up with Richard [of RBB] and The Curmudgeon et al, bit that's for later.
I couldn't get much computer access on my European trip, so no posts and few comments.
But it's so good to be back.
Listening to the immigration officers, the taxi drivers, the supermarket check-out people, listening to the soft Kiwi accent, listening to reasonable nice people.
It's so good to be back.
Being able to drink a flat white for less than $8,  being able to get a punnet of home-grown cherries or peaches, buying a Vogel loaf.
It's so good to be back.
Streets not packed with white-faced pasty cold people, no sleet in the face, no angry glares from rude insensitive slum-dwellers (I was in Dundee).
Smiles from passersby, grins from kids, warmth from the Sun.
It's so good to be back.

Unfortunately school beckons tomorrow.
But it's still good to be back.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back TSB. I'm looking forward to some intelligent blogging. Richard seems to be obsessed by his bass practice - what the hell does he think a bass bag blog is for? Nicola has disappeared into the mire of the English school system. Fflur has just disappeared. Pinky has gone down a chute. MOE has gone into the closet. And Second Fiddle - well Second Fiddle is Second Fiddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "well Second Fiddle is Second Fiddle"
    Actually I always had a secret dream of my self as a soloist. Darn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TSB (of RBB),
    Welcome back... notice your new title to celebrate your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed you too... at church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. Err.. I mean Welcome back there...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter