It's so quiet.
I'm doing nothing except read books, drink a little wine and laze on the garden swing.
Next week is of course the "Week Of Freedom", but more on that later.
Lets have a little bit of interactivity.
I'm sure you've all heard of collective nouns; the words used to describe a collection of types of objects/animals/people.
For example: A Murder of Crows.
I'm going to produce a list of what I think are appropriate collective nouns. If any of you think of another, please add them in a comment, and I'll add them to the posted list.
You will need at least one other viewer to add a positive comment to your suggestion before I publish your collective noun.
Here's the starting list.
- A Corruption of politicians.
- A Miasma of schoolboys.
- A Flirt of schoolgirls.
- A Celebrity of Chefs.
- A Grumble of lobbyists.
- A Suite of Lawyers.
- A Bankruptcy of Credit cards.
- A Stickiness of Pornography.
- A Delight of toddlers
- A Depression of Teachers.
- A Shock of electricians.
- A Rude of teenagers.
- A Rubber of boy-racers. (pity it burst)
- A Destruction of Educationalists (I thought initially of using "A Detachment" as they are so far detached from real teaching and learning, but then I thought of the effect they were having)
- A Snipe of Mother-in-Laws.
- A Boredom of Opera singers.
And just for my list to finish on a low note
- A Bustiness of Babes.
Now you can attempt to get your own items into the list.
Go on, have a go.
Here's the extra list.
A Dither of neurotics. (Blether)
A Babble of bloggers (Fishducky)
A School of idiots (Tempo)
A Giggle of Old Girties (About Last Weekend)
A Shower of weather men. (Alistair)
A Study of Scientists (Alison)
A Gloom of Depressives (Young at Heart)
A Falsification of Malingerers. (The Curmudgeon)