For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Culture Day

The Culture Kings (I kid you not, I just did a search for "culture" and up they popped.
Today in Nuova Lazio High is culture day.



No, we're not going to spend the whole day making Yoghurt or Cheese, we're going to spend the whole valuable day investigating the various cultures which make up the society we live in, here in Nuova Lazio. The idea (I think, I've been focussing so much on the Timetable that I haven’t really been paying much attention to what else is going on) is to have 8 areas, each representing a cultural aspect that the kids can investigate through practical tasks and conceptual investigation.

The cultures will be :

  • Maori
  • Pasifika
  • England
  • Japan
  • Dutch
  • Fijian
  • Malay
  • Kiwiana



Oh such a merry time will be had by one and all, and I hope you spot the missing cultural areas like:

  • Gangs
  • Scottish
  • Irish
  • Welsh
  • Australian
  • Drugs
  • Hoons



This is the sort of thing that as a kid at my school, I would have thrown a sickie rather than be exposed to all this. I wanted to be taught and learn the important stuff. You know; things like reading and writing. There's not going to be much teaching and learning going on for our pupils over the next week, and if there's any parents of our kids reading this, do your kid a favour, break his/her leg so they can have a week at home in bed. They'll thank you for it later. Buy them a good book, and tell them you'll break the other leg if it isn't finished be the end of the week.

Break a leg
Motivation is so important in education.

Speed Reading contest at Nuova Lazio Mall

4 comments:

  1. It was good to see you relaxing in your office today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax, relax, relax...it gets so boring. I was waiting for Ringo to finish his comments/ requests for re-prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you get much traffic?

    emial:- vurthious@yahoo.com

    and nice blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I answer every comment with a reply, and I put lots of scantily clad women images into my posts.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter