For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Thursday 5 May 2011

Today is not going to be good


When I got out of bed at 5:30 this morning, I had no idea of what was in store for me.
I was actually looking forward to the day.  A light teaching load, some admin, some cups of coffee with colleagues, a little marking then home.  Nice and relaxed.

I now dread today.



The auguries are not good.
A bad omen

Within  1 minute of stepping out of our bedroom, I had a streaming nose. (we're surrounded by trees, and sometimes the pollen count is a little high)

A dropped carton of milk was the next item, it split and splashed all over the kitchen floor.

Decided to make a small plain omelet for breakfast, using three eggs.  The third egg I cracked open was rotten, as I discovered as I dropped it into the omelet mix.  I had to dump the whole lot, wash everything up and start again.

I dropped the next egg on the floor.  It isn't easy getting egg off of a laminate floor, but eventually succeeded with the aid of a cooking spatula.

Washed the floor again. My beloved is going to wonder why her kitchen floor is so clean, yet so sticky.

Just as the omelet was ready to take off the heat, my stomach began to cramp.  Turned off the gas and ran for the bathroom.  Just in time.  This is going to make teaching today rather difficult.  Diarrhoea and good pedagogy do not mix.  Must pack a spare set of boxers just in case.

Ate my now cold omelet (after thoroughly scrubbing out contaminated toilet and even more thoroughly scrubbing my hands) My cup of tea was cold as well.

I'll have to head of to Nuova Lazio in 5 minutes.  I just hope I survive the trip, because the way things are going I'll probably either :
  • end up upside down in the Hutt river
  • break down at the side of the road.
  • Run out of diesel
  • Be found by the police next day squatting behind some bushes (due to diarrhoeal pressure) and been savaged by a possum.

Never mind.  I'm always positive and optimistic.

Just to cheer you up if you're feeling as bad as me, a lovely old Scottish/Irish song by Jean Redpath
http://youtu.be/mU3S5bY3vgY

3 comments:

  1. Och aye the noo, hoots mon, lang may yer lum reek!
    The wild geese song is good for the spirits.

    I hope that Richard (of RBB) gets back to daily posting soon. His inane drivelling about his early morning routine is preferable to your disgusting recount of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tune, but I didn't get the words. Is there a bass version on YouTube?

    Oh, and Comeinyourpants, go play with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least Richard [of RBB] posts each day unlike some

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter