For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Friday 13 April 2012

300000 and a Lack of Irony

I used this because I like the concept
also
Bye bye Second (again)

My blog recently hit 300,000 views, and proud though I was of this achievement (mainly due I suspect to the numerous images of a rather pulchritudinous nature) I posted comments on as many other blogs as possible saying : "I've hit 300000 views you know."


Those who know me know that I'm of a retiring and self-effacing nature, and that such a self-aggrandizing comment is not of my normal style.


I was actually seeking the usual cutting, acerbic, ironic, insulting, mildly humorous and downright salacious comments, that are the norm in our community.

What I got was nice, positive support.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?


Where's the nastiness?
Where's the insidious insults?
Where's the sense of total doom?

You're all too nice.


Nice doesn't cut it.

I expect, nay demand a diatribe of ironic, humorous, sarcastic and even nasty(ish) comments in the next 48 hours. 

I'm making it 48 hours because I know some of you will take that time to look up the big words in the dictionary.

Let's see what happens.

I'm counting on YOU.

And just to keep the viewing numbers up (and for Richard[of RBB])

Here's a Hot Ass


15 comments:

  1. So now you've reached 300000 views you've decided to slack off, eh?

    Where are the tits and arses that I have become accustomed to seeing at this time of day? I'm going to have to Google them for myself now. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shackleford Hurtmore: Excellent; this is the type of spleen and vitriol needed. Keep it up.

    Don't worry, the nicer bits of the female anatomy will again be on show, as soon as my own badly depleted spite level is restored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you really are Scottish? Every Scotsman I've ever known has that same nature...is it the bleak nature of your country or those southerners that keep pissing you guys off that gets your gander up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tempo: Yes, I am a proud Celt. I suppose we're just naturally pugnacious, but those buggers down south don't help. Geordies and Yorkshiremen are Ok, but there is a natual antipathy to all those south of Watford.
    Actually, just thinking about them is already making my stomach churn, my teeth grind and my spleen secrete.

    Well done for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live south of Watford now.

    Does that ever give you a fit of self-loathing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shackleford Hurtmore: Well pointed out. My initial reaction was AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH. Then I realised that it's OK, as I'm not in the UK.South is bad only in the UK.

    Think of South of France
    South America
    The South of the USA
    Aussie...AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought it was a bit odd that you were blowing your own trumpet like that but assumed you'd had a hard night at the Laphraoig.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looby: Thanks for noticing. There is no such thing as a hard night on Laphroig. Everything goes decidedly floppy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "........ Show IPA. adjective. 1. domineering; dictatorial; haughtily or rudely arrogant. 2. of overwhelming or critical ..."

    ReplyDelete
  10. TWG: Oops, sorry, obviously not TC but TWG.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karl Kraus once wrote, "Sentimental irony is a dog that bays at the moon while pissing on graves."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laoch: Yes, but he also wrote "A writer is someone who can make a riddle out of an answer."

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good joke! I was a little puzzled by your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patience_Crabstick: Sorry, sometimes my irony coefficient goes amok.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter