Here are some suggestions.
Find the Landmine.
A simple activity, suitable for the thickest, but does require some preparation.
- Select a suitable paddock, preferably one at least 400 metres away from any habitation.
- Plant using standard British Army AP3 minefield plan.
- Carefully note the position of each mine on a map for future clearance (we must be responsible users)
- Place a large trestle table at one end of the paddock, and place plates of cheerios and sausage rolls on it.
- Attach a large picture of Princess Diana to the front of the table
- Open the gate and let the hungry kids through.
- Repeat until kids and/or mines used up.
- Remove and make safe any mines left
- Store mines safely for use next year.
- Plough field to hide mess and distribute remains as fertilizer
- A good crop of grass is guaranteed for next year, so most farmers will oblige with the loan of a paddock if asked nicely.
Hunt the Marijuana
A more complex activity, suitable for the stoners. No preparation required.
- Position the selected kids at the bottom of Nuova Lazio Hill.
- Give each participant a simple compass, a map of Berlin, a disposable butane lighter and a large folding knife.
- Tell them that somewhere in the hills is a large plantation of marijuana, whose owners have been arrested and imprisoned.
- Tell them the first person to find this plantation will own it.
- Release the kids.
- Go and have a nice cup of coffee
- When you hear the first sounds/screams of fighting use your binoculars to locate the plantation
- As the screams die down and the first tendrils of smoke climb into the sky, call the cops, remove all evidence and depart the scene.
More activities will posted during the rest of this week.