For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Thursday 5 August 2010

Short Thursday



I have to get into Nuova Lazio early this morning. I'm taking over the control of the teacher reliever system next week, and the current guy in charge is showing me the ropes. Unfortunately I have to be in the place by 7:10, which means getting up at 5:40.
This is really too early, and it does not put me into a happy frame of mind.

Ah well.

Yesterday went well, most of my problems were resolved satisfactorily, and I had a good day of teaching, with plenty of learning apparent (For the uninitiated, the presence of one does not always assure the presence of the other)


Slightly worried about the beginnings of an outbreak of swine flu in schools in the Wairarapa.
It's just started, and they've already got 25% of kids off sick. I hope it doesn't spread over here.

3 comments:

  1. Why are you taking over the relief? are you a DP now? Has someone left me out of the loop now that I am physically out of the loop? Love the pooh cartoon, classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still vaguely remember when I used to have to get up at the unholy hour of 4.30am so I could get to work at 5.25am to drive the first trains to get people to work at what they thought were unreasonably early times, like 7.10am. That was in another island, where it seemed to always be raining early in the morning. You might know it.

    Am I sympathetic? Not really.

    (All together now)
    "We don't know how lucky we are"
    (--most famously attributed to John Clarke)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon. Thanks for the non-sympathy, but that was in another country and besides, the wench is dead.

    Fflur, glad you like the Pooh cartoon. I'm not taking over as a DP, just covering the relief setting when CW leaves for Porirua.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter