For blogs with less than 300 Followers

For blogs with less than 300 Followers
Thanks to Hestia's Larder for this delightful award.
(For Blogs with less than 300 Followers)

Friday 20 August 2010

Sorry for the break in service

I had to change a lot of things yesterday, some at work, some on this blog.

I was shocked to read 2 comments which had been posted in the older post on teacher's favourite books.
They were offensive, racist, virulently homophobic and not even remotely funny.
I changed my blog settings to refuse all attempts at viewing until I had sorted out what to do, because it was also a fairly busy day at work.
My apologies to any who were offended by these comments if you saw them, and apologies to any who were annoyed by the blocking message.
The person(s) who made the offensive comments was using a pseudoID, and posted under the name Curmudgeon.


I have never met The Curmudgeon in person, but after having "chatted" to him over the posts and comments I was pretty sure that the comment did not come form him.  He may be a grumpy, scurrilous, bad-tempered old bugger, but I believe he has integrity, and he has a sense of humour, that the user of his name did not.
I have therefore changed the settings again.  This time anyone can view the blog, as long as they themselves have a blog.  Casual drop-ins with a google ID can no longer see or comment on this blog.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

2 comments:

  1. The real Curmudgeon would not be responsible, nor would members of my stable.
    Can Bin still leave comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Can Bin still leave comments? "

    Try it and see.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter