After the snail-eating bastards won in 2007 (by the decision of a short-sighted English Referee) (Typical)and threw us out at the quarter final stage, revenge is within our grasp.
I just thought I'd go over some of the characteristics of the French to put things in perspective.
Here are some of the things we can thank the French for:
- Bread: (Quite honestly there is nothing as good as a freshly baked baguette, especially with Normandy Butter)
- Cheese: The variety s superb, the taste sublime, the smell atrocious.
- Wine: A good cheap basic vin rouge from Bordeaux, sold in the French supermarkets in plastic 2 litre bottles cannot be beaten for everyday consumption. They do however take the whole idea of wine-snobbery to new and exalted levels.
- Patés: Superb, especially that variety called Rillettes.
- Telling Muslim women they can't wear burkkas in public (racial bigotry can sometimes be useful)
- Brigette Bardot: Nothing more to be said.
|Oooh La La|
Now the down side.
- Snails. WTF? Nobody in their right mind would even attempt to eat these slime excreting gastropods, and trying to elevate them to the realms of gastronomy is just complete insanity.
- Gratitude: The French cannot grasp this rather basic concept. We saved your arses in Two World Wars, and you just don't give a f*ck.
- De Gaulle: as above you cheese-eating surrender monkey. Say NON to the Brits about getting into the EU would you?
- Common Market: Cut off the Commonwealth from the UK. NZ lamb became Persona Non Gratia
- Cheese: I know it was in the "Good" list, but everything can be taken to the extreme, and I've seen some samples of extremely ripe Epoisses are so bad that they're banned from public transportation vehicles in France.
- Army: Really good at
- Not turning up for the battles
- Turning up late and telling you it's your fault for starting before lunch
- Getting beaten by rice eating peasants, primitive Arabs, Farmers.
- Running away
- Medicine: ANY nation which has a preference for sticking medicines up your bum is seriously deranged. DON'T ask for antibiotics if you're on holiday in La Belle France, unless you wish for a large object to be forced past your anus and up your rectum. If you really enjoy that sort of thing I advise either moving to :
and becoming citizens.
Any country which deems it necessary to establish an organisation dedicated to maintaining the purity of the French Language has it's opinion of itself so far up it's own arse that it will probably meet a suppository coming down. Vive L'Academie Française.
Thanks to Second Fiddle for reminding me.
NUCLEAR TESTING AND THE BLOODY RAINBOW WARRIOR.
Rot in hell you radioactive bastards.